"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Isn't She Lovely....

The new challenge at City Crafters Challenge (CCCB18) blog is to make a card featuring a lovely lady (and/or girl) on your card.  At first I was going to using my Singing Cowgirl card, but then remembered that I had this sweet little Crafty Secrets image cut out that I had been wanting to use for the longest time.   The image is of a little girl holding a basket of roses.  First I had to dig her out of wherever she was hiding and then get to work.   After some serious searching I finally found her in a drawer with some of my stamps!

I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch for the layout and some more of those older My Minds Eye papers I have.  I went all lavendar and green with the card using the retired Stampin Up! color Lavendar Lace and PTI's Spring Moss.   There is absolutely no stamping on this card.  The only ink used was for a light distressing of some of the cardstock.  I finished off the image with a bit of glitter that I applied using my Quickie Glue pen.

Thanks for taking a peek.... hope you are having a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream & Spring Moss; SU! Lavendar Lace; Ink:  distressing ink; Ribbon:  PTI Lavendar Moon & Spring Moss; Button:  PTI Spring Moss; Image:  Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps; Cuttlebug; Spellbinders Labels 10 dies; PTI Medium Scalloped Edge die 

8 comments:

Nancy said...

This turned out so sweet, Rosemary! I love the colors too!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very sweet, very lovely, I love the vintage feel, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Elise said...

Ohhh, this is PRETTY! I'm LOVING that composition and the bow - flawless accent to that darling girl image! I feel a little naughty, myself, when I don't stamp anything - but you know what, it's good to walk on the WILD side, every now and then! Tee Hee! This is WONDERFUL, sweet Rose!

stampingandstitching said...

This is so beautiful Rosemary! The image is so sweet and I love the soft pretty colours you have used!

Ros said...

Lovely! beautifully done and I love that DP ... thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB

cnelson said...

So sweet and pretty! LOVE this so much!
Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

This turned out so cute.. I just love your image... Thanks for playing along with us at
CCCB!