"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, October 1, 2010

Pairing Up Challenge - Day 3

Today is the last day of my pairing up challenge with Latrice.  Today we are both using the Hero Art Design Block stamp "Modern Lines".   I recently bought some Hero Arts acrylic cards to try out.  I had previously purchased sheets of acrylic to make my own cards and boy was that a headache.  I could never get the sheets to cut straight and getting them to fold in half... forget about it!  For me purchasing them ready made is the way to go in the future...


I stamped the clear card with Modern Lines stamp using Pumpkin Stazon and then attached a piece of cream cardstock cut slightly smaller than the card and scored to the inside of the clear card.  The Hero Arts pumpkins were stamped using Stampin Up! Close to Cocoa ink and them colored/distressed using three shades of Rangers Distress ink:  Scattered Straw, Wild Honey & Spiced Marmalade.  I then trimmed them out and attached them to the card front.  Some small leaves from the Hero Arts set Season of Giving were distressed, as well, trimmed out and attached to the card.  

Thanks for taking a peek... I had fun this week pairing up with Latrice and seeing what she came up with using the same stamp. 

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Cream; Hero Arts clear card; Ink:  Stazon Pumpkin; SU! Close to Cocoa; Ranger Distress ink:  Scattered Straw, Wild Honey & Spiced Marmalade;   Stamps:  HA Modern Lines DB; Season of Giving.

4 comments:

Latrice said...

I now need some pumpkin Staz On!! Love this. I really love orange so this card is great. Nice work and it was fun!

Trinh said...

I have tried making my own acetate cards also and no luck. I love you how used the Modern Lines as a background to the beautiful pumpkins & leaves.

Joy said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary, love all that orange, so Autumn, beautiful, thank so much for playing in in the challenge, pleased that you and Latrice had a lot of fun, Hugs!

stampingandstitching said...

Your card is gorgeous, Rosemary! I love the way you've used the acetate and your colouring\distressing on the pumpkins\leaves looks wonderful! Well I've learned something new today - I thought Stazon only came in black and white!