"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Back to The Beginning....

The One Layer Wednesday challenge that Susan set for us was to go back to what got us started stamping.  At first I was stumped, but only for about 30 seconds and then I remember exactly what got me hooked on stamping.  It was one simple little stamp from Impress Rubber Stamps.  I discovered the stamp while there during one of my very first visits.  My fellow papercrafter and super wonderful in real life friend, Cindy, had introduced me to Impress.  Prior to that I had just dabbled in stamping, picking up the odd stamp here or there.  But this one little stamp set me on the journey that I am now on.   And the great thing... Impress still carries that stamp. 

In keeping with the simplicity of the stamp my card is super, super simple.  White cardstock (PTI, of course!), a simple embossed square (courtesy of a Spellbinders square die), crisp black ink (Close to My Heart) and a simple silver flower brad (Making Memories, sadly long since discontinued but I managed to hoard some.... imagine that hoarding papercrafting supplies!!).

The simple sentiment is from a {Stamps} of Life set banners4all.  The card is a 4" x 4" square.  Thanks for taking a peek... hope you take some time to think about "where it all began" for you.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI; Stamps:  Impress Rubber Stamps, {Stamps}of Life; Ink:  Close to My Heart; Brad:  Making Memories

8 comments:

Lin said...

Interesting challenge! I can trace my lightbulb moment to a single stamp, too - HA sketch tulips! I may go check out that challenge - thanks, Rosemary.

Sweet CAS card!

Barb said...

What a neat challenge! Sweet card, Rosie!

Elise said...

Soooooooo, PERFECT, Rosie the ROSEBUD! I am FOREVER daunted by "just a stamp".... But you do it, I LOVE it and I just SWOON! Ahhhhhhh! What a crisp and lovely way to start the day!

craftieodmae said...

But I try to forget those first cards , LOL, love your CAS card,

Nat said...

Hi Rosemary, love this wonderful cas card. hope all is going well with you! Miss seeing your beautiful designs!! Sending Huge Smiles to you!! :)

Brenda said...

Hi Rosemary! Lovely CAS! So glad you can remember that far back! My brain just does not work like that! I cannot remember if there was a specific stamp that got me going, but there was a specific person in South Africa, she was so passionate, it was contagious!

Alice said...

simply cute! love the fab design and clean look! wonderful card, Rosemary!

Carol said...

I have to agree...that is a really cute stamp! Love the Impress stamps. Will have to add that one to my ongoing wish list from them! Your card is fabulous...so simple and clean!