"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Little Birdie...

Short post today with a card for ODBDSLC55 to use a bird on your card.  I don't have any of the ODBD set that have birds in them, but I do have this lovely designer paper from Stampin Up! called Botanical Gazette that has this sweet little bird image on it. 



I trimmed the paper so that the bird was sort of a focal point and distressed the sides.   I stamped the verse from the ODBD Daffodil Tag set on white cardstock and diecut it using the ODBD Elegant Ovals dies.  A Spellbinders rectange die was used to diecut some more designer paper and that was layered with verse and a second elegant oval using foam dimensionals.   A blue Zva Creative crystal flourish and a bow tied with some May Arts silk ribbon finished the card.

Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Botanical Gazette DP; Ink:  Memento Summer Sky; Stamps:  ODBD Daffodil Tag; Zva Creative flourish; Spellbinders Rectangle dies; ODBD Elegant Ovals dies

10 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, my DEAR! Oh, my dear, oh MY dear! THIS is exquisite! EVERY bit and bauble's worth of material in this stunning piece of crafty finery is STUNNING! The look on the bird, just brings him to life, peeking out from behind THAT bow, as if it were REAL! I'm in LOVE. This is SUPER, Rosebud. I'm on one knee - bowing. {!}

craftieodmae said...

Rosemary this is breath taking!!!!! I love every thing about it, so many details, you rock girl!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Elegant look of the bird and the layering and dimension of the die cuts looks wonderful!

Barb said...

Beautiful paper, Rosie! Love the way you've dressed it up even more with your pretty crystal flourish and bow!

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness Rosemary! I love that paper in the background and it goes so well with the blues you have added! What a beautiful card my friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how elegant Rosemary!! I just love your neutral colors and your bow!! Gorgeous layout and design!! The bird background is perfect! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!
~Chris

Angelica Turner said...

Wow!!!! LOVE THIS CARD Rosemary, wonderfully designed and so elegant, love how you placed the beautiful bow with the swirls.

Jan Keen said...

This is so pretty, you did a fantastic job on your card!! I love how you used the bird dsp, wonderful colours too. gj JanK

Viv said...

Amazing card Rosemary:O) Viv xx

Michelle said...

Wow! I'm sooo blown away by this card! Jaw- dropping beautiful! :0