"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sharing Some Peace & Grace...

Hey there!!  Today I have two cards.  One card is for the current ODBD Shining the Light challenge (a sketch) and the other is for One Layer Wednesday (to make a card that says "peace" to me).  Both cards use ODBD stamps. 



First up is my card for Shining the Light.   When I went to work on this card I had very different plans for it, but try as I might nothing was coming together.    It was just one of those days.  So when I decided to give up on the first idea the ODBD sketch was waiting there to save the day!  The background was created using the new PTI Quatrafoil die (what a coool die!!) and PTI's Rustic Cream cardstock.  After I adhered it to the front of the card I stamped the main focal image from "Serve the Lord" on Rustic Cream cardstock using kraft colored ink and then die cut the image using the coordinating die.  The verse (also from Serve the Lord) was stamped over the focal image using Rich Cocoa ink.  A piece of kraft cardstock was cut, the ribbon (from SU!) was adhered and then the piece matted with dark brown cardstock.  The focal image was then adhered and everything attached to the card base.  After looking at the card for awhile I decided that it needed a little bit extra and so I added the brown rhinestones.   I love the clean look of the card.



For the second card I had to use green and my favorite stamping layout because when I look at both I'm totally at peace!   The layout I used is one that I have used over and over again.   Stamping an image on the lefthand side of the card, overstamping a sentiment and then adding a few pearls or gems... sigh.... to me so very peaceful!  Add the color green and well... double sigh!!   I just wish I could have gotten a better photograph. 

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI; Stamps:  ODBD; Ink:  SU! and Memento; Dies:  PTI, ODBD; Gems:  Hero Arts; Ribbon:  SU!

18 comments:

Lynne said...

They are both simply wonderful Rosie. Love the lattice work on the first card and the second is so calming.
Lynne xxx

craftieodmae said...

beautiful!!! It is peacful!!!

Arlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! :)

G Peplow said...

Beautiful and peaceful Rosemary, my favourite is the OLW card, stunning, Gay xxx

Mynn xx said...

STUNNING cards! That OLW one is just perfect for the theme--I LOVE it! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Rosemary, I just love your card!! That background is gorgeous (I so want it!!) Your colors and design with the added bling is stunning!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
hugs,
Chris

Nona said...

Love both your cards, Rosemary! The first looks so elegant with the the Quatrafoil die-cut and soft yellow. And love, love the CAS design on your second card. So beautiful and serene.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
The colour Cream is a calm neutral hue,it symbolises simplicity, and it is often used in interior design for its calm and relaxing effect on the human brain. By using the cream hue in contrast to the cool white warms the palette Rosie. The die is wonderful and adds interest to your card.
The design and composition of your second card, is your trademark in my eyes, and you already know how I feel about the colour Green.
It is stable and calming, it brings peace and harmony into our lives and rejuvenates the soul.
So for me you have every right to feel at peace after creating two beautiful cards.
Smiles:)

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary! I especially love the second card for OLW. So peaceful and lovely. Ann

walchowDesign said...

Stunning cards and just love the subtle colours of both cards!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary you have done it again. Wonderfully designed beauties!

Christine said...

I love both cards! The background of the first is very beautiful!
Christine

Greta said...

Oh, Rosemary--your work is truly beautiful! I love knowing I will be inspired whenever I visit your blog! I wanted that die the first time I saw it & now my willpower may fail me!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh....I'm spotting some PTI goodies....love the die and it sure makes a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing the Sketch with us :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Elise said...

LOVELY girl - THESE are glorious! The first one is SO nostalgic and yummy and the second one, with it's flawless bling accents - has me a-swoonin! Bravissima!

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Rosi. Oh these are both wonderful cards. I absolutely love the bg on the first. What a cool die. I have to check that out. Love the gems in the corner on the second. Beautifully done girlie.

Michelle said...

love the second card...so simple!
but holy cow, your first card is amazing! love that pti die!

Susan Raihala said...

Rosie, both cards are wonderful, but ohmy...the one layer card blew me away. It nails the challenge. Impossible not to feel peace looking at it. And that verse! The bling is the perfect accent, too. Blessings to you for sharing the peace!