"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

i miss you...

Hey there.... Happy Wednesday!  Boy oh boy did we get a lot of snow here in the Pacific Northwest!  That doesn't happen very often thank goodness.  My car doesn't go in the snow so I have been staying inside and trying to do some crafting.  But it has been a bit hard with my two boys and hubby underfoot!  Anywhoo... I did manage to make a card for the current CR84FN color challenge, as well as the current Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge.  I missed out on the first CR84FN challenge of the year and I haven't done a SSIC challenge in ages!!!  This week the challenge at SSIC is to use something new on your card.   Make sure that you read Traci's devotional... it is fantastic!  For my something new I used a brand new Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp & die set called Chairs & Chandeliers.  I'm lovin' this new collaboration between Hero Arts & Sizzix.  The dies are so easy to use and provide absolutely fantastic results.



I stamped the background using the Hero Arts background cling "Classic Fabric Design" and Stampin' Up's Pink Pirouette ink.  The piece was then inked using Ranger's Old Paper Distress ink.  The chair was stamped on some yellow cardstock using SU!'s So Saffron ink and then diecut using the corresponding die.  The chandelier was stamped using Rich Cocoa ink.   I diecut the banner using a Taylored Expressions die, trimmed off one end, stamped the sentiment and then inked it with Old Paper ink.   Another nice and simple card.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; yellow; Ink:  SU! Pink Pirouette, So Saffron; Memento Rich Cocoa; Stamps:  Hero Arts Chairs & Chandeliers, Year Round Sentiments; Dies:  Sizzix & Taylored Expressions; Old Paper Distress Ink

15 comments:

Joan B said...

beautiful! must say I'd rather you have the snow than the east coast!! stay warm

Scrumplescrunch said...

It is a delightful card Rosie, your Bg is so subtle and I love the chandelier.
Smiles:)

Greta said...

Such a pretty card & great design, Rosemary! I've been thinking about you today & wondering if you were snowed in. We're just hoping the river doesn't flood to the point we have to sandbag--kind of scary right now.

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, this is such a pretty card...love the chandelier and the die cut chair..so welcoming! Sorry you're snowed in...I actually could go for a snow day right about now, but not so lucky yet.

craftieodmae said...

Lovely lovely card!!!!!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous and so soft! I love those colors and that chair alone like that really goes so well with that sentiment! (I have been watching that snow on TV, wow, it's like it's coming in in bucket loads! Stay warm my friend!)

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Rosemary! Love the elegant chandelier! Hope you stay warm and safe! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Robin K. said...

I heard about all the snow in the Northwest and thought about you Rosemary!!! Hope it doesn't keep you homebound for too long! We've had such a weird winter in the Northeast - we're finally getting the cold weather but still not much snow. Love your card - the colors and design are great!

Jenny said...

mmm that background stamp is so pretty in pink and love the chair and chandelier to go with it....could be a room at the palace!!
Jenny x

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary this card is like looking into someone's elegant living room!

Deborah Frings said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the damask background stamp - so pretty. The chair and chandelier make for a very elegant place to sit! Love it! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful, Rosemary. That background is divine in pink, and I love the touches of brown and yellow. Hope you've enjoyed the snow this week. We certainly have, but I'm ready to get out of the house! :) Ann

Kristine said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges! *Ü*

maria f. said...

I LOVE this card!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Rosemary! Love the soft background design! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!