"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 7, 2012

happy birthday!

{For my Shining the Light post, click here}

Hey there!!   Happy Easter everyone!!  Here with a little card that works for three different challenges:  Less is More - 3 shades of green; Retro Sketches & Timeless Tuesday - birthday cards.   When I started making this card I hadn't planned for it to work for three different challenges.  But as I was finishing it up I decided to use a sentiment from the Flourishes Sweet Violets set for the little banner.  It was at that point I remembered that the Timeless Tuesday challenge is to make a birthday card.  So I used the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the set.   Chrissie and Mandi should be happy with all the white space I left on the card this week.  I really like the simplicity of the Retro Sketch this week, so I think I will have to create another project using it.



I had made a little rose using the Spellbinders Rose Creations dies and decided that the little single violet leaf from the set would be perfect to use with the flower.   The three shades of green I used are all from Stampin Up!:  Gable Green (a retired SU! color), Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi.    Finally busted out some of the really cute pleated ribbon that Stampin Up! had in the spring mini... that is the Pear Pizzazz color on the card.  The sentiment and leaves were stamped using Wild Wasabi.  The mat is the Gable Green.   I'm a bit disappointed with the flower, but I think that is mainly because I haven't made many flowers using the Rose Creation dies and so I'm still getting the hang of making flowers with them.  Anywhoo... that's it for now.

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & SU! green; Ink:  SU!; Ribbon:  SU!; Stamps:  Flourishes; Dies:  Spellbinders Rose Creations

41 comments:

Brenda said...

No need to be disappointed at all Rosemary! I think your flower is beautiful! Lovely CAS design and fabulous for that sketch!

Angelica Turner said...

Rosemary, this is so pretty, loving the flower and the touch of green with the ribbon and mat.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness! Crisp & clean--absolutely wonderful card, Rosemary & I think the rose is beautiful! Happy Easter, my friend.

Sheila in Cyprus said...

WOW! What a stunning card. Love the layout and your flower is GORGEOUS.
Love Sheila x

Chrissie said...

Well I think that the flower is spectacular and the card is truly amazing. It's so classically clean cut and simply beautiful!
Thank you so much and Happy Easter Rosie.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Don't you just love when you pull a few challenges together!! Your card is gorgeous, I love the hints of green especially in the pleated ribbon :0)
Jenny x

Catherine said...

This is just so sweet, love it...

Chanray said...

Lovely card and I love the flower,it's beautiful.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary :-) the flower is stunning and I just love the whole design ,, stunning ! :-)

Wishing you a very Happy Easter :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Scrapmate said...

Beautiful flower & lovely card.

Loli said...

Hola Rosigirl, fantastic card!!!!i love this rose,, beautiful, beautiful.
Have you seen the pictures my faberge egg?i love the cards with dimension, well done Rosemary.
An Easter hug and blessings for you and your family

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Love the flower and the pleated card ........ Is that easy to do ? Love it ...stunning card as always
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Sue said...

Oh please don't be disappointed with your rose it is beautiful and so is your card.

AdoraBella said...

WOW, this flower is really gorgeous You don't have to be dissappointed! I adore how it pops-out of your card. Love the stamped leaves and the pretty green color, too.
Hugs
- Maria

Christina said...

I think your flower is stunning, and I love that you stamped just the outlines of leaves. Beautiful job with the sketch!

Jenni's Jems said...

That is a beautiful flower and love your card -beautiful x

Mandi said...

VERY happy Rosie!
Superb card, terrific flower, which looks FAB against that stark background
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary, that flower is just fab! xx

Beverley said...

Beautiful card! I love how the flower 'pops' off the card and I love that ribbon!

Kathyk said...

This is just stunning - I certainly wouldn't want to trust it in the mail though, I think I'd keep it!

Happy Easter

Kathyk

Viv said...

Another faby card again Rosie & the rose looks great too, what are you like !!! Happy Easter too :) Viv xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosemary, just having a long overdue catch up with what you've been making. What a stunning display of cards!!! So much wonderful inspiration.
xxx

Christine said...

Perfect! I like the way you've used the ribbon. And many white space... I'm a big fan of this card!!
Hug
Christine

~amy~ said...

super gorgeous!

GinaA said...

Stunning card, love the flower.

Amanda said...

What a super yummy looking card! I love the crisp white paired with the pops of green!! It really gets you in the mood for spring! My favorite part about your card is that pleated ribbon peaking out from under your banner - Novel Idea :)

Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

WOW!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really pretty and your flower is just gorgeous!

Carol Q said...

gorgeous layout and wonderful rose!

Lisa Elton said...

SO fresh and lovely! Your ruffly ribbon under your banner looks great!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful!

Aleksandra said...

Gorgeous card! Love the flower and the ribbon! Beautiful!

Blessings,
Aleksandra

Lynne said...

Stunning card Rosemary, so fresh and clean. I `d like to CASE this one at some point if you don`t mind.
Lynne xxx

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary - I really love your simple color scheme! Thank you so much for joining us this week at RetroSketches!

Susan said...

What a beautiful card, Rosemary! I love the Spring feel you've achieved. That bloom is gorgeous...I love the look, but can't imagine trying to mail it off! I've looked at that Spellbinder die and thought about buying it, but just haven't done so. I ramble.....your card is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Very stunning card. It looks so elegant!!!
Love especially the ribbon.

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Beautiful card! Love the stamped leaves. and the pleated ribbon on the banner.

kingstonmama said...

Shoot. How did I miss this one? It is gorgeous. So crisp and clean and I absolutely love the stamped leaves, flower, and pleated ribbon. Ann

stampmonkey said...

This card is so pretty! I love the pleated ribbon, the crispness of your color choices, and --have no fear-- your flower is gorgeous!

kasia c. said...

WOW!! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours and that pleated ribbon and flower are superb!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at RetroSketches!!

G Peplow said...

Hi Rosemary, Fabulous, I love this card, super folding of the ribbon and a gorgeous flower yum! Gay xxx