"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, April 2, 2012

You're Such a Doll..

Hey there!!  Monday is here and my kiddos are on spring break!  Unfortunately, today looks to be the only nice day out of the whole week... the rest of the week the forecast is for what else... rain!!  Ugh!  Anywhoo... I have a little card today featuring another super cute My Favorite Things Pure Innocence set.  This set is called Paper Dolls and when I saw it I knew I had to get it!  Took me a while because being that it was so darn cute it sold out in a nanosecond and I had to wait for it to come back in stock.   I inked her up for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge (#65) over on Splitcoaststampers.




I used some sweet papers from the LilyBee Designs 6x6 pad Picket Fence to do some paper piecing.  I stamped the little PI girl on a piece of the LilyBee paper and then cut out... yes, cut out, the teeny tiny paper dolls!  I then stamped her again on some white cardstock and colored the rest of her with Copic markers. After I finished coloring her and trimming her out I adhered the little paper dolls.  I used a MFT die-namics die from the Polka Dot Greetings set to die cut the piece she is mounted on.  In order to create the mat, I simply traced around the outside of that same die and then trimmed it out.  Some little roses were created using the Die-namics mini rolled roses dies... aren't they cute???

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & kraft; SU! green; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Dies:  My Favorite Things and Spellbinders; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; PP:  LilyBee Designs Picket Fence

9 comments:

Barb said...

So sweet, Rosie! Love the blues and greens!

Christine said...

Lovely card! Nice stamp Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Elise said...

YOU sure DID do some paper piecing! Holy MOLY! This is soooo intricate and DARLING - clearly, YOU are the DOLL! This is SUCH a happy sight for my, case of the MONDAYS {Wah!} - GREAT job! Yipeeeee!

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely card Rosie, that little girl is so retro:)
Val x

Scrumplescrunch said...

There is something about Turquoise that appeals to my senses, it is engaging and it expresses a design with some exhilaration.
Your little girl is cute, but I would not call this a cute card, on the contrary, it is pretty and delightful and generates warmth.
Lovely card Rosie.
Smiles:)

Greta said...

Darling card, Rosemary! Love the roses--gotta try those. I also love having the image go to the border of the lacey die. Nat recently did that & I loved it on her card & now on this one. Wonderful weather today, but rain until today & more starting tonight. Hope the kids have indoor fun planned!

Michelle said...

holy smokes! Rosemary, the paper dolls are awesome! so are the rolled flowers in that striped paper!

Brenda said...

Way too cute of a card Rosemary! I love those little paper dolls that match with your roses! I seem to not be too succesful at rolling those little roses, I mess up everytime!

Jenny said...

This little girl is just s sweet, kudos to you for cutting out the paper dolls! Love that the roses are in a matching paper :0)
Gorgeous card Rosemary :0)
Jenny x