"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

welcome home....

Hello friends!!  Back with my second post for today.  I haven't posted twice in one day in ages.  Not something I generally like to do, but since the end of the month is rapidly approaching and with it the end of the Craft's Meow February sketch challenge I wanted to get my card posted to the challenge as soon as I could. 


Yesterday (Monday) I got happy mail in the form of three stamp sets from the Craft's Meow (along with some stamps and dies from another company).  I have used two of those TCM sets for my card... Happy as  a Lark and Lark Additions.  The color story comes from the current Dynamic Duo of Island Indigo and Pool Party.  I don't have Island Indigo, but I discovered that Close to My Heart's Twilight is a very close match... yay!!   Card pretty much explains itself... stamped the woodgrain image using Pool Party, trimmed it out and roughed up the edges.  Stamped the bird using Twilight and trimmed it out.  Embossed the background using my SU! honeycomb embossing folder and then roughed up the edges.  The banners were cut from Pool Party and Island Indigo card stocks with my MFT Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies and the edges roughed up.  Sentiment was stamped using black ink and then everything was layered up.  Easy peasy!!

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Card stock:  PTI Rustic White; SU! Island Indigo & Pool Party; Ink:  Stampin Up! Pool Party, Close to My Heart Twilight, Memento Tuxedo Black; Embossing Folder:  SU!; Dies:  My Favorite Things

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I always look forward to seeing what you create. Another amazing card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

Lin said...

Love these stamped in these blues, Rosemary! Thanks so much for joining us for our sketch challenge at The Craft's Meow this month, and good luck!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous!!!

Christine said...

It's always so good to take a look on your blog Rosy! Fantastic card!
Hug
Christine

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy seeing your creations, too. ;-) I love what you've done with these colors, using some fun new supplies (congrats!). Very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Kristie Goulet said...

Great use of the colors!

Greta said...

Such a soft pleasing look to this card, Rosemary! Love how you rough up edges--I can't seem to get quite that look.

Clare said...

Stunning, I love the color palette, so fresh! Thanks for playing along with the February Sketch Challenge at The Craft's Meow!

Unknown said...

I love the "roughed up" edges and all the gorgeous texture you have created. The bird is gorgeous and I love the way you have used this week's colours. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Dynamic Duos.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a wonderful take on the challenge and I'm so glad you could play along with us at The Craft's Meow!

Vicky Hayes said...

I like your CAS meets distressed look Rosemary and this is a lovely layout.

Michelle said...

love the hexagon embossing folder! pretty bird too, Rosemary!