"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

miss you...

Hello friends!!  A crappy rainy day here in my neck of the woods, but it was brightened up considerably by the fact that I got to meet up at Hobby Lobby with my friend and stamp designer extraordinaire, Lisa Lara!!  It is so much fun when you actually get to meet fellow crafters and get to know them.   Prior to going to meet Lisa I started working on a card for this week's PTI Make it Monday challenge and when I got back finished it all up.  This week the challenge is paper piecing.. one of my favorite techniques. 


For my card I used the PTI anniversary set Pretty Peonies.  I just love that set... all the images and sentiments in that set are just beautiful.  The patterned papers are from Stampin Up!   The layout for the card is based on the current Cardabilities sketch.  For my paper piecing I was helped along a little bit by the fact that I used the matching Pretty Peonies dies to cut out the main flower and the leaves.  I then stamped a second flower and cut out the center portion.  All the pieces were layered using foam dimensionals.  I realize this isn't the classic paper piecing technique of stamping and then trimming out the images by hand, but I think it is a new twist on the technique.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Card stock:  PTI Rustic White; PP:  Stampin Up! Time for Tea; Stamps:  PTI; Dies: PTI and MFT; Border punch:  EK Success; Inks: Stampin Up!, Memento & Ranger 

13 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
I thought I was reading the wrong Blog when I viewed this adorable pieced creation, I scrolled up to make sure It was "HeyThere..rosigirl" goodness me where is your negative space??????
You amaze me how you can change up from one genre to another and produce such a lovely piece. Love all the Pp you have used and the design.
Smiles:)
Sue

Anonymous said...

Such a splendid bloom, Rosemary, love the dimension and the DP gives it so much texture! Anita :)

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous as always..........

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Rosi, don't think I've visited you before! Saw your card and loved each detail. Especially the patterned papers together. And enjoyed seeing and getting to know a new face! Happy stamping!

Robin K. said...

Gorgeous twist on paper piecing Rosemary! Hope the sun comes out soon for you- we've been having rain here too:(

Greta said...

Artistic & beautiful, Rosemary! How fun to have an outing with a craft friend. Wish we had a Hobby Lobby or Archivers. Hoping for an end to all this rain soon. Of course we knew our early summer was just a tease, but that's the Pac NW!

Viv said...

A different kind of card for you Rosie but I love it so much.We have rain too, all night and all day so far grrrr!:) Viv xx

Martha said...

WOW, what a FABULOUS card! I love the pretty papers. Great job, Rosemary!

Lynn said...

Love your pretty, patterned paper posey on this card! What a fun take on the sketch. thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

Adriana B said...

wonderful card, love those pretty papers too :) thanks for playing along at Cardabilities :)

Michelle said...

wow! this is beautiful, Rosemary! love your take on the sketch!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a pretty card! Love the play of colors and take on the sketch! Thank you for play along at Cardabilities!

Lastochka said...

Great work)) Thank's fo joining us at Cardabilities!