"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

CCC #55...

Hello friends!!  Tuesday is here so that means time for a new CASology challenge!!  I was completely amazed by all the gorgeous cards that showed up in the gallery... you all definitely proved you had the "midas touch" when it comes to adding gold to your projects!!  This week we are getting in the great outdoors with a "campy" cue word, hee hee!   If you haven't figured it out, the cue word is "camp".   All the details can be found here.   Our guest designer this week is the super talented, Lisa!   And we have a great sponsor... Clearly Besotted Stamps!




Going to be honest... this was another difficult cue word for me.  I tend to be way too literal when it comes to cue words and the first thing I thought was "shoot, I don't have any camp related stamps" and I kinda panicked.  Then I took a mental step back and reminded myself that the cue word is just that... a cue to get you to think outside the box.    And I stated thinking about what are some of the things you see when you see when you go camping.  So after trying a few ideas I settled on die cutting some leaves from white cardstock using my SU!/Sizzix Autumn Accents die and adhering them to a white cardstock base.  Before adhering one leaf I stamped it using the corresponding stamp from the SU! set Wonderfall.   A fishtail flag was die cut from white cardstock, stamped with the sentiment and adhered to the card.  A bow was created using light green baker's twine and adhered and I was done. 

Thanks for stopping by... I cannot wait to see what "camp-y" ideas all you super talented papercrafters come up with for this challenge!! In the meantime make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Judy, Meghan, Ardyth, Gillian, Maureen, Kimberly, Jen and Tracey and our guest designer, Lisa!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  SU! Wonderfall; Taylored Expressions Daisy Bouquet; Dies:  SU!/Sizzix Autumn Accents, My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Layers Stax; Ink:  SU! Wild Wasabi & Pear Pizzazz; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery Light Green

12 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm the same as you Rosemary! I always take the cue cards literally! You've done a beautiful job with this week's cue card!

Ardyth said...

This is so beautiful! I love the idea of white on white - so peaceful and serene!

Kim S said...

Wonderful look!!

Gillian R said...

Such a lovely card, love the white on white leaves

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the Autumn leaves! The twine or jute is perfection!!

Barb Ghig said...

You really thought 'outside the box' on this one, Rosemary! I love the white on white die cuts with that beautiful touch of color! Stunning card!!!

Greta said...

Totally unique leaf card & I love it, Rosemary!

craftieodmae said...

Leaves, leaves, leaves, I love leaves, these are fantastic, love your card!!!!

Deepti said...

This is serene and elegant, love how you worked out ur idea :)

Michelle said...

That is a hard cue word! Your leaves remind me of poison ivy...which reminds me of camping! Graet card, Rosemary!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, you do fabulous cards for every challenge...and this is no exception! I love the white on white, it makes the green leaf really pop! Awesome card!

Nat said...

the texture really says it all, less is more! simply stunning!!! :)