"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 1, 2013

it's a good day...

Hello friends!! Wow... can't believe it is already the first of August!  Time sure does fly by!  In a few days I'm going to have some fun news to announce here on the old blog and I can't wait to share it with you!  But in the meantime I have a little card to share that I made for this week's Wednesday Sketch challenge over at My Favorite Things.


After taking a look at the sketch I decided that I wanted to use my MFT Chalkboard Greetings set for the card.  As I was pulling out my paper cutting I saw a piece of red polka dot paper and decided to use that, as well.  One of the elements in the sketch looks a bit like a piece of washi tape so I pulled out my collection and decided to use some tape that has aqua and red hearts on it.  I used the die that coordinates with MFT's Vertical Greetings set to die cut my panel and then stamped it with the sentiment using SU!'s Real Red.  I stamped the sentiment a second time in SU!'s Pool Party and trimmed out the words "day" and "good" and popped them up on the panel.  The red polka dot paper was matted using Pool Party cardstock.  I partially embossed the main panel using my Swiss Dot embossing folder and then adhered all the elements.  I finished off the card with a little horseshoe die cut from white cardstock using the horseshoe from the MFT Country Charms set and a bow tied from red bakers twine.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! pool party; SU! red polka dot paper; Stamps:  MFT Chalkboard Greetings; Dies:  MFT Vertical Greetings & Country Charms; Twinery red baker's twine; Washi Tape:  Impress; Swiss Dot embossing folder

18 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! Fabulous card, Rosie! Love the colors and wonderful design!

Penny Ward said...

Wow!!! This card really stood out on my blog feed. Great take on the sketch Rosemary! Can't wait to hear your happy news.

Nat said...

this is just the sweetest sentiment. Such a cheery card, I LOVE this!! I am very excited to hear the good news too! :) Have a fab Friday! :)

Kara said...

so cute! these are two of my favorite colors to put together!! love it:)

alexandra s.m. said...

Lovely card Rosemary!
TFS~

Brenda said...

Totally love the colour combo here Rosemary and the fonts in the sentiment! Can't wait to hear your news!!!

Viv said...

Hi Rosie, what a super card again. I love the colours and LO ....everything goes together soooo well here. Well done again :)hugs Viv xx

Greta said...

Wonderful card, Rosemary! Love the red & aqua & how you used the sketch! Can't wait to hear your news, my friend!

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic card, and yes it is a good day!!!!

Carole Pillon said...

I adore your card, so fresh and so sweet.

jintyoo7 said...

Love it - great sentiment! Looking forward to your news :)

Deepti said...

Lovely card :) I like the partial polka dots and the washi tape :) amazing as ever. Look forward to the news that you have to share

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
ReD and White is a wonderful festive combination and this card is gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Paula S. said...

Chalkboard Greetings is one of my all time favs. I love this color combo and all the nice details, from the twine to the horseshoe charm. Sweet!

Canonbury creations said...

Fab card Rosie, love the polka dot paper it always makes me think of the 50's, very retro:)
Val x

judkajudi said...

Great interpretation of the sketch!! Love the cheerful colors and polka dots. I have a container full of washi tape .. need to get busy using it up!!

Kristi said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! Love the aqua and red/white color palette!

Michelle said...

LOVE the color palette! Great take on the sketch, Rosemary!