"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

CCC #67... a little country

Hello friends!!   Wow... Tuesday has rolled around once, again.  Halloween is right around the corner... time sure is flying by!  Lots of fabulous pumpkin projects were to be found in last week's gallery and I know that there will be lots more based on this week's cue word of "country".   Joining us in the guest designing spot this week is not one, but TWO fabulous designers Hannelie and Lori!!  And we have a fabulous sponsor... you can find all the details here.




Have to admit I really had to think about this week's cue word, but then all of the sudden an idea hit me.  Some of the things that I think of when I think of the country are weather twiggy wreaths and rusty stars hanging on houses and barns.  So I pulled out my Memory Box bramble wreath die and combined it with a little "rusty" red star to create my little wreath.   I die cut three wreaths from kraft cardstock and then I layered them on some PTI Rustic Cream cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment (from the PTI set Fancy Folk Art) inside using Close to My Heart's Barn Red ink.  I had this strip of cream muslin that I tied into a bow and adhered to the wreath.  I finished off the wreath with a little star (die cut using the PTI Tiny Tags die) that had been stamped with the corresponding star image (PTI Tiny Tags) using Barn Red ink.  A little red button was added to the center of the star and I was done.    I just love that little muslin bow as it really added a nice homespun slightly shabby feeling to an otherwise very clean design.

Thanks for stopping by...I cannot wait to see where this week's "country" cue word take you!  In the meantime make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Judy, Meghan, Ardyth, Gillian, Maureen, Kimberly, Jen , Tracey and guest designer, Hannelie.

21 comments:

Gillian R said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous and pretty. you have totally nailed the cue word this week

Jenny said...

I just adore the rustic neutral tones Rosemary... this is what the cue word means to me too :0)
Jenny x

Suze Bain said...

Oh Rosemary, I absolutely love everything about this card. Fabulous! xx

Meghan said...

Ack! Your bramble wreath is fabulous! So perfectly rustic and "country."

Melissa said...

You pulled off the country look perfectly, Rosemary! This is just so pretty!!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such a beautiful and subtle card Rosemary!

Ardyth said...

That folk star, the rough-edged ribbon and your colours are absolutely perfect for this cue card, Rosemary!

Benzi said...

Fabulous country bramble wreath and love that perfect bow. Wow! Great idea for this challenge.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
You must have had a huge smile on your face when you diecut the wreath out of the Kraft and saw the effect, as it looks like twigs.
Wonderful card.
Smiles:)
Sue

Judy1223 said...

Well, you had me with that rustic star, and the wreath is perfect...exactly what I think of when I hear the word "country!" Gorgeous!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazing, love this countriness!!
The bow is just amazing!

Lori said...

I love your take on the cue card and your card is amazing!!

Greta said...

What a perfect card for "country"--fabulous wreath & I love the bow, Rosemary!

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful card and beautiful sentiment!!

jintyoo7 said...

Oh my gosh, love the rustic elegance of this beautiful card, Rosie :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rosemary, I love this ... such wonderful neutral colours and a fabulous country feel ... that muslin ribbon is just yummy! Anita :)

Deepti said...

Okay you are a master in creating beautiful cards... when am I getting a few lessons on ur thought process before you make a card ;)

Robin K. said...

This is such a perfect take on the cue Rosemary! That muslin bow is an awesome detail!

Hannelie said...

Your card is so lovely Rosemary!
Thanks for inspiring us weekly with your beautiful creations!

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, what a BEAUTY this is! Every detail draws me in! I love it!

Nat said...

beautiful country Fall feel, stunning!!!! :)