"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

CCC #73... seasons greetings

Hello friends!!!   Tuesday has rolled back around and that means time for a brand new CASology challenge!  Lots of fun projects in the gallery for last week's cue word "shop".   I just know this week's cue word will spark just as many wonderful projects.   Say hello to this week's cue word:  ribbon.  We have another wonderful sponsor this week (all the details can be found here) and joining us as guest designer is the very talented Donna! 




So... when I saw this week's cue word I was pretty excited because I LOVE RIBBON!  I haven't used a lot of it lately, but that could change at any moment, lol!!   Over the years I have determined exactly what types of ribbon I love the most and sadly skinny ribbon is not on that list.  Skinny ribbon does not make yummy full bows and I love nicely tied bows.  I have been known to spend upwards of 15 minutes or more to get my bow just right!  So I really wanted to use some nice wide ribbon that I could tie in a big yummy bow, but realizing that this is a CAS challenge I knew that idea might not work.  So I went with using a just a small piece of ribbon for my card.  My color combo is based on this week's Dynamic Duo of dark blue and your choice.  I decided to go with yellow for my second color.   I covered the front of my card base with a piece of designer paper from Stampin Up! that has a subtle pattern on it.  The ornament (from the Hero Arts set Ornaments) was stamped using Midnight Muse ink and then die cut with the corresponding die.  A piece of yellow and cream striped ribbon (from SU!) was cut, tied in a knot and then the ends fishtailed.  That was adhered to the top of the ornament.  A snowflake from another Hero Arts set (Decorate Your Holiday) was stamped in yellow, trimmed out, popped up on the ornament and a yellow sequin added to the center.  The ornament was adhered to a cardstock piece that I stamped with the sentiment using Midnight Muse ink and then that piece was adhered to the card base.  See... you can use wide ribbon on a CAS card, lol!

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; PP:  Stampin Up!; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Inks:  Memento Dandelion, SU! Midnight Muse; Sequin:  Ellen Hutson; Ribbon:  Stampin Up!

27 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Rosie! Love that bright yellow with the darker blue - fabulous contrast!

And big Happy Birthday wishes to you!!! Hope your day is fab!! :)

Meghan said...

I hear you about skinny ribbon. Your knot is so fabulous atop that yummy ornament. Love the colour palette!

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary!

Happy Birthday!!!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is just so BEAUTIFUL!
Love how you used the ribbon, & love the colors.

(I also love using ribbon. I think I have enough to last me the rest of my life. Ha!)

Beverley said...

Stunning! Love the ribbon treatment & loving the pop of yellow paired with the midnight muse. Hugs Bev x

Ardyth said...

beautiful - rich colours and stunning texture!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how rich and beautiful!! What a sweet ornament and I love the added yellow ribbon the yellow flower in the middle!! Gorgeous Rosemary!!
hugs,
Chris

Loly Borda said...

Gorgeous card Rosie! Love those colors and yummy ribbon. TFS

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so pretty! Love these colors together.

Anonymous said...

So delicious, Rosemary ... love how you've tied the DP with the main image ... and that ribbon is simply sumptuous ... yum-my! Anita :)

De hobbydroom said...

Very gorgeous card!

canadian_liner said...

You already won me over with that gorgeous Paisley-pattern DP, but your crazy-happy yellow ribbon did the rest. LOVE the big, wide, in-your-face bow, and the choice of yellow is such a great complement to the Midnight Muse. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos this week!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a GORGEOUS card! I really love the color combo and your bow is perfect!

I hope you're having a fun birthday!

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous - what a phenomenal colour pairing :)

Julia Aston said...

So pretty in the blue and yellow Rosemary! That wide ribbon really stands out!

Lisa Lara said...

I just love this Christmas card in these colors. That ribbon makes an awesome BOLD statement Rosi. Well done gf.

walchowDesign said...

Gorgeous card with the bold colour combo and your ribbon is to perfection, Rosemary!

Nancy said...

What a lovely card, Rosemary! I like the unexpected colors for a holiday card! Happy Birthday too!

craftieodmae said...

This is one gorgeous, beautiful card girl! I love everything about it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Simply gorgeous Rosemary!

Greta said...

I truly am amazed with your constant creativity & stunning creations, Rosemary! Never would have thought to use yellow on a Christmas card, but I love it!

Julie Gearinger said...

I agree with all of the others- this is gorgeous!! The ornament looks fantastic with the yellow ribbon and accent in the center- love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, as always, Rosemary! The background is beautiful! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos!

Gillian R said...

Beautiful and elegant and I love the colour combo

Melissa said...

I have to agree with you on the skinny ribbon thing. Sadly, I have plenty of it just sitting in my stash from my early stamping days!
LOVE your card! The colors are beautiful together and that BG is stunning!!!

Greta said...

Congrats on another DD HM! It was the winner in my book!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, I can tell you spend a lot of time to get your ribbons to look just right...this is gorgeous!