"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

thinking of you...

Hello friends!!  I have a little card to share that involved a rather crazy idea!  I got the idea when I saw the new CASology cue word:  dot.  I pretty proud of my crazy idea because I think it is actually rather clever, too... and generally I don't come up with clever (and crazy) ideas!  I also used the new ColourQ combo of  basic grey, poppy parade, pool party, island indigo and white. 


After seeing alot of fabulous cards made with the Memory Box Small Circle Burst die I finally decided to buy it.  It is a really cool die that is essentially made up of many, many dots... one big dot and many, many teeny tiny dots!   And crazy me thought it would be fun to inlay all those teeny tiny dots back into the image die cut white paper, lol!!   I didn't keep track of how long it took me, but I'm pretty sure it was about half an hour.  To get the teeny tiny dots to stay in place I simple applied scotch tape to the back of the white cardstock piece and then added the dots.  The little bird was die cut using the Memory Box Perched Reed Bird.  One of the left over Island Indigo dots was used for the bird's eye. Pretty darn pleased with the overall look of the card! 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SU! Poppy Parade, Pool Party & Island Indigo; Die:  Memory Box; Ink:  Memento; Stamps:  Avery Elle

24 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I love this Rosi.

judkajudi said...

You should win just for being willing to inlay all those dots!! It is very effective!! Great card. Hugs.

JoAnn Ross said...

This is one of the most original and clever CAS cards I've ever seen! I can't imagine the precision involved, but the design, colors, and dimension are all FABULOUS!! Love. It.

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is gorgeous!!! Perfect use of the colors, thank you so much for playing with us at colourQ!

Melissa said...

And you should be pretty darn pleased with yourself!!! :) Your card grabbed my attention in the gallery immediately! LOVE that pop of red against your dot filled circle burst! I love what you've done with this die and now I'm feeling a "need" to go check it out...sigh. LOL!
Thanks for joining us over at CASology! So happy to see you are returning to play some more! :)

Greta said...

You nailed this one, Rosemary! Love your creative card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Grabbed my eye too Rosemary!!! Lovely combo and wonderful execution and design!!! SO GLAD to see you girl!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous design, Rosemary, your idea was indeed very clever, also tedious! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ!

Barb Ghig said...

Love this beautiful card, Rosemary! I also love how you played with the color combo for the dots and bird...so pretty!
And, I beg to differ with you...I think you are very clever!!!

Anita in France said...

Rosemary, I'm pretty darned pleased too that you created this, it's stunning ... the use of the colours, the replacement of the dots ... and that sweet bird ... all gorgeous! Anita :)

Claire said...

Oh this is fantastic Rosemary..what do you mean you don't normally have clever ideas?! I'm amazed how perfectly you've put all those dots back - must have taken a steady hand. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

craftieodmae said...

Love this!!!! and the colors are fantastic!

Nonni said...

Amazing idea! Very fun! :)

Kim said...

Your card is a gorgeous clean card - maybe not so simple due to all of those dots!! Great work!!

Deepti said...

Rosemary, you are so talented in picking ur ideas, I wish I could think like u :D

Brenda said...

I definitely love this design Rosemary! Very clever ndeed!i

Kristie Goulet said...

Rosemary, I love this card. That die has been on my wish list forever and you are pushing me over the edge to buy it sooner rather than later. This is something I would do with this die, even though it takes some time. LOVE the look! Thanks for sharing!!!

Lisa Elton said...

So cute and I love all of the little dots!! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Jo said...

Such a cute card Rosemary!

Anonymous said...

What a great design! Love to see fun movement with colors. Thanks for joining us at CASology. May-DT

Jen W. said...

These are two of my favourite dies and I love how you used them here! And big bonus points for inlaying all those dots! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

LeAnne said...

This is AWESOME! You have a lot of patience! And I wish I had remembered that I had this bird die...I would have used it on a card instead of what I made! So glad you were able to play with the ColourQ challenge this week!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Fabulous card..... Love it ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Helene said...

Nice card !