"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

you inspire me...

Hello friends... popping in with a card that I made for the current color challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.   I have been in the habit of only posting cards I make for the Splitcoaststampers challenges in their gallery, but I recently decided that I will try to post them on my blog, as well.   The colors this week are Coastal Cabana, So Saffron and Tangerine Tango (all Stampin Up! colors).


For my card I used the really fun Precious Remembrance Shop set Positive Thoughts and did some collage stamping (my favorite!!).  I used SU!'s So Saffron and Hero Arts Tide Pool and Orange Soda inks.  The SCS color challenges usually have a "dessert" option and this week it was to use wood embellishments.  I have alot that I have never used and so I was determined to work some into my design.  I colored the pieces by simply placing them on the ink pad and pressing down... seemed the most obvious way to do it to me!  Finished off the card with a strip of Coastal Cabana cardstock that I embossed with a woodgrain embossing folder and some orange baker's twine.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI Rustic White, SU! So Saffron & Coastal Cabana; Stamps:  Precious Remembrance Shop; Inks:  SU!, Hero Arts, Memento; Wood embellishments:  Studio Calico; Baker's Twine:  Impress; EF:  Stampin Up!

5 comments:

Greta said...

I just love how you combine images, Rosemary! Love this stamp set & how you put the card together--trendy & fun!

Sandy said...

Wonderful -original with a smashing sentiment!
sandy

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness this is such a stunning card, I love those wood veneer arrows !!

Michelle said...

Pretty design and love the added arrows!

Robin K. said...

I'm glad you'll be posting your SCS challenge entries on your blog as I never go on their gallery! You are so good at collage stamping! I like how you used the arrows in your design-I have some wood elements I need to stop hoarding! LOL!