"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

CMCC #20...miss you

Hello, hello!!  Here we are back around to Wednesday and a brand new color combo at Colour Me...!  This week we are working with two colors:  Midnight Muse (dark blue) and Crushed Curry (darkish yellow).  I will admit right here that I am NOT a fan of Crushed Curry, but in small amounts I have fun using it.  All the details for the challenge can be found on the Colour Me...! blog.
For my card today I did very little stamping and a lot of die cutting.  I had purchased the SU! Hexagon Hive Thinlits die several months ago, but had not yet used it... until today's card.  My card is pretty straight forward.  I die cut some white cardstock with the Hexagon Hive die and then punched out all the white pieces.  A second one was cut from Crushed Curry and then random hexagons from that cutting were inlaid back into the white die cut.  Once I had all the pieces I wanted inlaid I stamped the sentiment (from a PTI Fillable Frames set) and then adhered the piece to my Midnight Muse card base.  A few additional Crushed Curry pieces were added using thicker dimensional foam and I was done.

Thanks for stopping by...please check out the projects created by my fellow teamies Tara, Hayley, Sam, Katie, Brenda and May guest designer, LeAnne!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Crushed Curry & Midnight Muse; Stamps: PTI; Die:  SU! Hexagon Hive thinlits

10 comments:

Brenda said...

I think you did a great job here Rosemary, even if that curry yellow is not your fave.

craftieodmae said...

Love it, and the colors POP!

Deepti said...

This is so fun, love how u used the colors :)

Greta said...

Love how you popped up some of the hexagons, Rosemary! Wonderful card!

LeAnne said...

I love the way you popped up the hexagons too...really makes them stand out. Sweet little sentiment for a sweet little card!

OttawaMom said...

Crushed curry is not one of my favourites either but I love how you used it here - works perfectly with that hexagon hive die!

Katie Melhus said...

Love how you covered the entire card with such cool designs and it still feels CAS - another beauty, Rosemary!

Tara Bourgoin said...

What a fun and funky way to use the colours this week! So graphic and sharp looking!! Love it, Rosemary!

Barb Ghig said...

Another really awesome card, Rosemary! I love how you 'played' with the hexies on this card...so fun, and the colors are fabulous!

I apologize for not visiting sooner...something is going on with my email. In fact, I just received notice for the card you posted yesterday :-(

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVELY, and so wonderful!
Love the HEXES!! Thanks for stopping by Rosemary!