"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, July 27, 2014

thinking of you...

Hello... have another card to share.  This time for Freshly Made Sketches, Color ThrowdownAEI{heart}U:  diecuts and Less is More:  Anything Goes. (Happy belated birthday, Chrissie!!)  This is my last post for awhile... off on a little vacation with my boys.  We are heading to Birch Bay, Washington for some fun in the sun with my in-laws.  The boys are excited to be spending a whole week hanging out with their cousins!  I'm looking forward to some down time and doing some reading!


Anywhoo... on to my card.  This came together pretty quickly.  Some washi tape, a die cut, some hemp twine, a few enamel dots and I was done.  To add some interest I cut the panel to 3 3/4 x 5" and then rounded one corner.  The corresponding corner of the card base was rounded as well.  The Avery Elle set I used is Petal & Stems, as well as the Petals & Stems die.  I can't seem to stop making projects with that set... absolutely love it!



Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps & Dies:  Avery Elle; Inks:  Stampin Up! Rich Razzleberry & Memento Tuxedo Black; Hemp twine:  Hemptique yellow; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Washi Tape:  Stampin Up! & Impress

30 comments:

Lin said...

I love your card, Rosemary! CAS and fun, too, with the washis!

Broni said...

This is so pretty, Rosemary! Great use of the washi tape and the twine! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown challenge!

Kristie W. said...

Love how you used the challenge colors, the bold flower looks awesome. Have a great vacation!

VanessaB said...

so pretty. great take on the sketch and i love the colors :)

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly cute card Rosemary, love the washi and that pretty bloom! Have a wonderful vacation!!

Sid said...

Both brilliant and bold !!

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous! I love that big, bold flower! Thanks so much for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
Firstly, enjoy your family time on vacation. The card as always is perfectly designed and constructed; a most beautiful CAS card.
Smiles:)
Sue

Carole Campanile said...

Great card Rosie; as always I can tell one of your wonderful creations without having to look at the name on the thumbnails. :)

ounds like you will have a relaxing and fun vacation, enjoy!!

Always,
Carole

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this so much!!

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful colour combo Rosie and I love that flower! Enjoy your summer break I hope the sun shines for you!
Val x

donna mikasa said...

Such a pretty color combo and I love the CAS design! Thanks so much for joining the AE Challenge!

Anita in France said...

I love this set too, Rosemary ... you've used it so beautifully here ... such perfect detailing with the washi, twine and dots! Havea fabulous break ... happy travelling! Anita :)

Greta said...

Strikingly beautiful card, Rosemary! Enjoy your vacation!

Jen Mitchell said...

I took one look at those colors and promptly ran in the opposite direction! But you totally make them work beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches (and have fun on your trip)!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card, Rosemary! Your flower is so pretty, and I love how you played with the Washi tape and twine!
I hope you have a really great time on your vacation...You certainly deserve it!

Susan Powell said...

This is beautiful - I love how you combined all the challenges.

Anne said...

Super card Rosemary, enjoy your hols!
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Ankie vd Polder said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Hugs, Ankie

joy said...

Beautiful card - love those vibrant colors. Have a wonderful time away with your family, Rosemary!

Lisa Lara said...

Cool flower Rosi....I love the wound up twine behind it.

Joan Ervin said...

I absolutely love this....your flower is gorgeous and I love the sketch!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Martha said...

What a sweet card, Rosemary!

Hope you had a wonderful & relaxing vacation!

Beverley said...

Simply beautiful & great use of the challenge colours :) Hugs Bev x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty....nice rich feel to your card...

Deepti said...

Oh my this is so pretty ! the big bold bloom looks amazing :)

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry this comment is so late, but I was on holiday in Spain last week and wifi was a little limited and slow!
This is terrific Rosie, I hope you have a great holiday and many thanks for the birthday greeting!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Diana Fisher said...

Love the layers and texture on this card! Thanks for playing along with the AEI♥UChallenge!

Yana Smakula said...

oh this is stunning! Very beautiful! Thank you for joining the AE Challenge! We hope to see you come play again :)

Robin K. said...

Looooove your composition! These colors are very striking together!