"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 12, 2014

joyful tidings...

Hello!  Popping in with a card that I made for a couple of challenges:  Festive Fridays (inspiration photo) and Freshly Made Sketches.


The current inspiration photo for Festive Fridays really caught my eye and I just had to make something.  Love the beautiful white chairs accented with that gorgeous red ribbon and pinecone treatment. I just recently got the Simon Says Stamp/Clearly Besotted stamp (Autumn Blessings) and die (Full Wreaths) set and so I used that to create my take on the photo... a lovely little wreath.  I pulled out my fibre paste, created a stencil using the MFT dispersed dots die and applied the paste to some white cardstock.  After applying the paste I added some ultra fine glitter.  Once the paste was dry I put my card together based on the layout from Freshly Made Sketches.  The sentiment is from the Stampin Up! set Christmas Messages.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp & Stampin Up!; Dies:  Simon Says Stamp and My Favorite Things; Fibre Paste:  Golden; Glitter:  Ultrafine Art Glitter; Inks:  Close to My Heart and Stampin Up!

18 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning card Rosie, love the wreath, great layout too :-)
Val x

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the gorgeous wreath and the silver, glimmery dots. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my this is just gorgeous! I'm loving all that white background combined with the glittery wreath. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Nat said...

wonderful take on the inspiration photo. love the wreath and beautiful sentiment on your design :) !!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Gosh how I love that pretty little wreath!! And your glittery snowflakes are wonderful. VERY pretty card Rosemary!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a stunning card, Rosemary! Your wreath is so pretty, and your sparkly background is gorgeous! Beautiful take on the inspiration photo and sketch!

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty - the wreath looks fabulous against all the white!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
Gorgeous looking wreath and the card looks beautiful with the glittery snow.
Smiles:)
Sue

Anita in France said...

Perfect, Rosemary ... such a lovely wreath, crisply hanging against the snowy white and sparkly texture ... gorgeous! Anita :)

K-Creatief said...

Very beautiful !!!

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful love your background!!!,

Petra Swart said...

This is simply beautiful, Rosemary!!!! I LOVE what you have done here!!! The little wreath is soooo beautiful and I love your sentiment!! The silver 'snow' looks great!!! This is such a fantastic X-mas card - I have to say it again: 'I LOVE it!!!!'

Have a lovely Tuesday!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is beautiful Rosi. I love the sparkly dots.

Greta said...

I almost bought that wreath set & now I really wish I had! Your card is absolutely wonderful, Rosemary! Love the glittered dots!

Deepti said...

The wreath is so petty !! I love the shimmery dots

Martha said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Rosemary! Fabulous design!

Ardyth said...

Lovely combination of these challenges - they seem made for eachother and you've made a beautiful card - love the sparkle and the rustic feel of the wreath! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday, Rosemary!

Geri said...

So, so pretty, Rosemary!!! I DO love that little wreath and all its sweet details! So glad you could join us at Festive Friday this week!!!