"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 10, 2015

holiday wishes...

Hello friends!!  Another gloomy day here in Western Washington.  We have had fog, again, for several days and not only does it make things gloomy it makes things really chilly.  Perfect to stay inside and do some crafty and maybe I will later... who knows.  The Seahawks play tonight, but not sure if I will watch... not a huge football fan.   Anywhoo... have a little card to share that I made last night, but modified just a short time ago.  After I took the photo of the original version I realized it was a "hot mess".  Looked good last night, lol!!   Popping this into the current Merry Monday challenge (use snowflakes), as well as the current Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.


I usually don't make Christmas/holiday cards right after Christmas unless I'm making them for a publication call, so it was a bit odd for me to make one, but I guess it is never too early to start them, right?  Loved the Merry Monday inspiration photo and just had to play along.  The stamps and dies are from Reverse Confetti.  Patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye Merry & Bright collection.  Dark brown, aqua and white is a good combo no matter what kind of card you are making!  I cheated a bit with the mini clothes pin.  It was too bulky as is, so I took it apart and used only one side.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SSS Fog; PP:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti Seasonal Sentiments; Dies:  Reverse Confetti Tag Me, Too, Tag Me and Let Is Snow Confetti Cuts;  Spellbinders plain circle die PTI Aqua Mist button; DMC light silver metallic thread; brown mini clothes pin; Ink:  Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip

17 comments:

Shelly said...

Such a fun card!

Anita in France said...

This is as yummy as the inspiration photo, Rosemary ... love that loopy thread! Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Rosemary, I like the aqua and chocolate together!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is so pretty! Love the little clothespin and tag -- great take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

Greta said...

Brilliant idea to take the close pin apart, Rosemary! I don't know what was wrong the first time, but wow--you sure fixed it! This is absolutely beautiful!

Nat said...

i hope you will be having some better weather soon! your card is very inspiring thats a yummy snowflake! love it :) Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Malika said...

Lovely card

Malika

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Rosemary! Love the colors, tag and your cute snowflake! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful, Rosemary!!!! I really do like that colourcombo and you can never go wrong with a nice tag on a card, hey!!! Love the metallic thread and the mini clothes pin!! Lovely card!!!
Have a great week!

Barb Ghig said...

Loving this color combo and how you layered the elements on this card! Love your pretty bow, too!
I hope the weather improves for you soon...winter can be so depressing, don't ya think?

Hannelie said...

I LOVE the finishing touches Rosemary! Makes this very special!

Lisa Lara said...

LOVE how you used this color combo. Just love these colors together. I love that tag on your card Rosi.

Greta said...

Congrats, Rosemary, on the HM at MM! Well-deserved!

Deepti said...

Awesomeness as always, your choice and balance of colors is mind blowing :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a fabulous take on the photo. Love the fun design.

That photo sure makes me want to have a cupcake! It's so yummy looking!

Hope you are having some better weather this week.

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome take on the SFYTT, Rosemary! Love these colors!

~amy~ said...

What a perfect card, awesome colors!
Thanks for playing with us at Reverse Confetti's SFYTT!