"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, March 16, 2015

happy birthday to you...

Hey friends!!  Wow... it has been awhile since I last posted.  My desire to do any paper crafting kinda fell off a cliff, lol!!  I tried over the weekend to make a few things but nothing came of it until late on Sunday evening.   I finally came up with a couple of cards that I was happy with.  Sharing one today that I made for the current Seize the Birthday - make the sentiment the focus.


I had thought I was going to get something made for the AAA Card Challenge to make something involving watercoloring, but wasn't able to come up with anything other than two panels that I water colored with some distress inks.   Finally late on Sunday evening I made this card using a fun A Jillian Vance Design set called Celebrate Cake.  I stamped the cake stand in black ink and then added the sentiment using Seedless Preserves distress ink.  Seedless Preserves and Milled Lavender were the two colors I used to water color the panel.  I trimmed down the panel, added the twine and clear sequins.  Mounted it on a light grey card base.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp fog; water color paper; Stamps:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black; Ranger Distress Inks; Black twine; clear sequins

14 comments:

Robin K. said...

Love the watercolored bg for this style of stamp!

Lisa Elton said...

I love what you came up with! The sentiment perched on the cake stand is FUN!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
You are human after all!!! I often have days where I am creating and what I see is awful.
This is lovely and you have used the stamp so well in the design.
Smiles:)
Sue

Nat said...

sometimes it good to take a break. the results are beautiful. I love your design! :)

Greta said...

Love your choice of colors, Rosemary--beautifully festive BD card! The sequins are the perfect embellishment!

walchowDesign said...

I am glad your mojo came back, Rosemary! Your watercolour bg is beautiful with the bold sentiment!

Lisa Lara said...

I am loving this stamp set and it looks so great on your color washed background Rosi.

Kara Lynne said...

Your sentiment cake is great! I love how you stamped with seedless preserves and watercolored with it too! Beautiful!

Petra Swart said...

So nice to have a post from you again, Rosemary!!! Don't worry, we all sometimes get that feeling of not being in the mood for paper crafting, but I'm sure your mojo will be back soon!!!!
Mojo, or no mojo, your card is lovely, Rosemary!!! I love that sentiment that gives the impression of a yummy cake!!!! And with the lovely pinks it looks good enough to eat!!! The twine bow and sequins are lovely and complete the picture beautifully!!!
Have a great day!!!

Martha said...

What an absolutely SWEET card this is, Rosemary! That fun sentiment stamp works beautifully with the lovely background!

Barb Ghig said...

So happy to see you posting again, Rosemary! This is such a pretty card, too...beautiful water coloring and I love how you placed the sentiment!

Deepti said...

Water color wash looks fabulous :)

Anita in France said...

Your word cake is fabulous, Rosemary ... and the ombré watercolouring is just gorgeous ... so soft and delicate! Seems Monsieur Mojo is back! Anita :)

JoAnn said...

Love your water coloring and great way to make the sentiment the focus of your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.