"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, October 3, 2015

cards for a few challenges...

Hey friends!!  Popping in with two cards that I made for several challenges.  The first card is for the current Color Throwdown, Freshly Made Sketches and Time Out challenges.  I have not played along with a Time Out challenge in ages so when I saw that the new challenge is to be inspired by words ('Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile') I had to combine it with the other two challenges and play along.  Been in a bit of a crafting funk the last few days so I did something that usually helps kick start my mojo... straight up stamping!  I pulled out a few Stampin Up! sets (Painted Petals and French Foliage) and got to work.  I used the rock and roll technique and threw in a bit of collage stamping.  After stamping the majority of the images and the sentiment I felt there was a little something missing so I added a bit more stamping using a splatter image from French Foliage and the orange ink.  I die cut the panel using the A Jillian Vance Design Polka Dot Rectangle Backdrop dies (these dies are now my go to dies for creating my card panels... love them!) and then added a little sparkle with some clear sequins.  Absolutely love how the card turned out and it did help to kick start my mojo... YAY!!  Since today is World Cardmaking Day I'm going to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp World Cardmaking Day challenge.

 
 
The second card was made for the current ColourQ and AAA Cards challenges.  The current AAA cards (I had so many places I was trying to remember to link up my cards to that linking it up to AAA got lost in the shuffle...realized it last night!!) challenge is to make words the center of attention so it was the perfect time to use my Painted Thank You set from Concord & 9th.  I found Concord & 9th several months ago through Splitcoaststampers.  I love their fun, unique designs and just recently made another purchase from them.  Can't wait to get my new goodies.  For this card I kept things really simple and just used the brushstroke image from the set to stamp all the colors in the ColourQ combo.  I then overstamped the thank you in black.  The panel was die cut with the second largest rectangle from the A Jillian Vance Design Polka Dot Rectangle Backdrop dies and added some clear sequins.   The panel was mounted on a light grey card base.  I think I will add this card to the current Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday, as well as the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by.... and for sticking with this rather long post!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white, Simon Says Stamp Fog, PTI kraft; Stamps:  Stampin Up! and Concord & 9th; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Memento Tangelo, Dandelion and Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie; Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins

23 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, these are both gorgeous fall cards! I love the leaves on the first card, and the pretty stripes on your second thank you card are perfect for the Colour Q challenge! I just discovered Concord and 9th and I bought that thank you stamp set...I'm loving it and I love what you did with it!

Lisa Elton said...

That's a terrific cluster of fall prettiness on your first card Rosemary!! Your second card is super fun with the colorful brushstrokes. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

maria f. said...

Both so pretty, though it was the first one that caught my eye. Wonderful random cluster.

Pink Unicorn said...

Your cards are beautiful, I particularly love the multi-colour stamping of the leaves and you are right, the extra little orange splatters just complete the card beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Color Throwdown this week! Karola, guest designer

sandie said...

Your Autumn card is a CAS beauty and I do love how you added the splashes and sequins. We are so pleased you joined us at TO

Vickie Z said...

Great cards!! Love those leaves and the collage look-sentiment on the CTD card!! Thxs for joining us!!

walchowDesign said...

Your autumn collage card is beautifully done and love the second card with the brush strokes and the random sequins!

Nat said...

such a great sense of style, lovin the layered effect on your first creation, such beautiful fall designs :)

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful cards! I love French Foliage! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Cindy Hall said...

These are beautiful cards, and designed perfectly. The French Foliage was a great choice for the FMS sketch and it's really lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lori said...

Beautiful fall designs! Love the collage style stamping on your leafy card. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

LeAnne said...

These are amazing, but the foliage one is my FAVORITE! Just gorgeous!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful Autumn cards
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Greta said...

I sure could use some of your mojo! These cards are fabulous, Rosemary! I always adore your collage stamping & this is another favorite! The stripes card is striking--love it!

My Paper Cat said...

A Beautiful delicate card. Thanks for joining the fun at Time Out Challenges

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous, graphic thank you, Rosemary ... and a gorgeous stamped leaf collage, with one of my fave sentiments! Lovely to have you playing along with us at Time out with this beauty! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

Such pretty cards again Rosie,love the Autumn leaves on the first and the bright colours on the second card ;) Viv xx

Jill V said...

Gorgeous Autumn colours on both cards! I love the fun graphic style of the second card! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards and also Time Out! Jill

Barb Ghig said...

Two really gorgeous cards, Rosemary! I love the leaves and sentiment on the first one, and how you played with your brush strokes on the 2nd one!
By the way...I also love how you staged your photos on these cards...very cool!

Martha said...

OH MY...Rosemary, I love your cards!
WOW...your collage-stamping always catches my eye.
So inspiring and beautifully done!

sandie said...

Congrats Rosemary on getting HM at Time Out we loved your card x

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at TO, Rosemary! I'd have voted for you to win--no disrespect to Jen.

Diana K said...

Both of these are beauties, Rosemary, but oh how that first one sings out to me! Beautiful collage stamping.