"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 9, 2018

tigers and a flower... oh my!

Hey there!!  Popping in with a couple of cards I made over the course of the week.  First up is a card for the current My Favorite Things sketch challenge.  When I saw the super cute little MFT set called Fierce Friends I just had to get it!   Aren't those little tigers just too cute?   I stamped all three tigers and five trees on Canson watercolor paper with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and then coloring everything with ZIG Clean Color markers.  The tigers were colored with orange (070), dark gray (095) and light gray (091) and water.  I don't have black so to make the stripes dark I colored them with the dark gray, let them dry and then added on more color.  The trees were colored with may green (047) and beige (072).   Once everything was dry I die cut the pieces with their matching dies.  I colored a small panel of Canson watercolor paper with ZIGs in blue, green and light brown and blended out with water.  When that was dry I die cut it with a Spellbinders long rectangle die.  The sun was created by coloring another piece of Canson watercolor paper with a yellow ZIG and then die cut it with a die from the MFT Mini Blooms die set.    Everything was then layered according to the sketch layout.   I did have to stamp the sentiment after I had adhered everything, but using my mini MISTI I managed to get it on the card without any problem!  I think I will add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of girl power... I hope this works!  I'm going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp national craft month line up, as well. 


The second card is for several challenges:  Time Out:  Bold, Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches.   About a month ago I purchased the Altenew Fantasy Floral die set and had not had the chance to make something with it.  So when I saw the current Color Throwdown combo I knew the time to use the dies had arrived.  I die cut the flower parts and then layered them with foam tape to give them depth.   Per the FMS layout I cut a piece of kraft cardstock and then layered it with strips of the coral and green cardstocks.  Then I adhered that piece to my cardbased.   The flower and leaves were arranged to my liking and then adhered.  I stamped the hello from the Halftone Hello stamp set in kraft ink and then adhered.  It was at this point that I realized I had made the mistake of adhering the angled piece before I had stamped the little word hello.  Thankfully I was able to stamp it with out any issues!  I think my coral colored flower is rather bold so that is why I'm adding it to the current Time Out challenge. 


Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:  Card 1:  Cardstock:  MFT smooth white, Canson watercolor; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies: My Favorite Things and Spellbinders; Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black; Watercolor Medium:  ZIG clean color markers

Card 2:  Cardstock:  MFT smooth white, SU! Cameo Coral and Crumb Cake, PTI New Leaf; Stamps and dies:  Altenew; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Crumb Cake 

11 comments:

Greta said...

Oh wow--I don't know how you always come up with fabulous cards, Rosemary! Your coloring of the MFT card totally amazes me! I really need to try using my Zigs for more than messy watercoloring, but I'm not hopeful anything would look like this! The second card uses those incredible dies--next on my purchase list from Altenew! The flower is truly stunning with all layers done using the bold, beautiful coral--love it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous cards, Rosemary! Just love your trio of tigers on card one and the yummy layered flower on card two!!

Lisa Elton said...

Squeal...those tigers are so dang cute!! This is such a delightful card Rosemary. Penelope is really loving Daniel Tiger right now, she would love this! And that flower, wow, what a beauty. Great job with the sketch!

Anita in France said...

What a sweet scene, Rosemary ... those little tigers are just so cute! Your gorgeous layered bloom is stunning ... bold and vibrant ... a real stand out! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

The layered blooms look amazing and such pretty colours. Thanks for joining Time Out

Vickie Z said...

Great cards! Love the flower on your CTD card! So happy you joined us!

Broni said...

I adore your tiger card and the rose is fabulous! I have that die and have yet to use it. Shame on me! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW! Your throwdown card is stunning! Always thrilled to see your creations in our gallery!

Lisa said...

Your cards are both so beautiful! I came here to comment on the second card for the color throwdown then saw those cute tigers! Lovely.

Kim S said...

The tigers are charming! The flower is stunning! I love all how the sentiment pops in the light neutral. And the simple two color strip in the background adds wonderful detail. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jo Nevill said...

Love your fun tigers and beautiful floral card
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x